WordPress Training Bay Area
I remember when I first started learning WordPress. I would spend hours trying to figure out the difference between a page and a post. What was this thing called categories? Why wasn’t my spacing showing up correctly when I viewed my changes live? There were unlimited roadblocks to getting a page to look professional. After days of research and feeling quite inept with myself, I wished I had someone to call to get the answers. I could have saved myself a bucket load of time.
I found that a majority of small business owners want to be in control of their website. They want to add new text, new images, edit pricing on their products, change text spacing, the list goes on and on. Having basic computer skills, they should be able to accomplish these tasks. WordPress is an online content management system. It is not necessary to have to go onto a server, grab a file, make changes, and then upload the file back to the server. Changes can be made online in real time.
After spending many years learning this incredible website producing application, I now offer WordPress training. It is relatively easy to learn. Training can be accomplished over the phone or in person while logged into the admin dashboard. I have a home based office here in the East Bay Area town of El Sobrante. I can also travel to your office at your convenience. My rate for phone training is $45 per hour.
First, I recommend that you have a hosted domain. I will walk you through installing WordPress on the server, install a WordPress theme, and set up a home page. I assist in the domain name selection and offer advice in choosing a hosting company. You will learn how to grab an image off the web and other useful graphic skills. I know how to listen without interruptions and stay in your learning comfort zone.
- Install WordPress on your hosting server
- Install free and premium WordPress themes
- Understand the difference between Posts and Pages
- Add text, images, links, navigation menus
- Use categories to sort posts
- Install and configure plugins for ecommerce, sliders, security
- Install and configure SEO plugins to increase web visibility
- Edit WordPress using CSS using browser plugin aids
- Upload media and edit with Photoshop, Illustrator
- Integrate with Adobe Dreamweaver
- Understand permalink issues with servers
- Integrate with social media
- Access the MySQL Database with phpMyAdmin
Contact me if you have any questions.
Tom (510) 680-3086 Email: TADigitalDesigns@gmail.com